A session focused on a revival of pieces of action music by 1990s artists as part of the ARTefACTe project.
- Pere Lluís Pla Boixó. From the Ecorapper-Plaboixó. From “the Last-Performance” (1996) to the acronym of MEC = “Movement-Eco-Concentrologue”. 2020, 20'.
- Jordi Mitjà. Artificial. 1996, 4'.
- Pedro F. Bericat. Psicopompo Pontificex. 1991, 20'.
- Quim Tarrida. Em sap molt greu, 1996, 10'.
- Oscar Abril Ascaso. Low-Tech Music No. 5 (honeycomb polyethylene plastic piece). 1995, 30'.
ARTefACTe is a newly instituted performative cultural laboratory developed around the advancement of performative practices and studies of performativity. Among ARTefACTe’s objectives is a yearly event organized in partnership with Barcelona’s visual arts ecosystem.
ACTION MUSIC? In September and October 2020 ARTefACTe is coordinating a pilot programme of its project ARTefACTe0, focusing on action music. ACTION MUSIC? is a programme of jointly organized activities at the city level that reflects on, revives, vindicates and updates the concept of action music as a space of osmosis between gesture and sound. ARTefACTe is an initiative of Club9 and Trànsit Projectes.