1. Identification of the domain holder
In compliance with the duty of information contained in Article 10 of Law 34/2002, of 11 July, for Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce, the following data is published below:
The owner of this website is: MACBA with address in Barcelona, Plaça dels Àngels no. 1, and with CIF number: ESQ5856181B.
Contact telephone: (6) 93 412 08 10
Contact email: (7) dpd [at] macba [dot] cat
2. Conditions of use of the website
The user will be understood as the person who accesses and uses this website. The user, by the mere fact of using the site, accepts these conditions of use.
The user assumes responsibility for the use made of this website. This responsibility extends to the registration that is necessary to access certain services or contents. The user will be responsible for providing truthful and legal information in the registration process.
The USER undertakes to make appropriate use of the contents and services that MACBA offers through this website and with an enunciative but not limiting character, not to use them to:
- Cause damage to the physical and logical systems of MACBA, its suppliers or third parties, to introduce or spread computer viruses or any other physical or logical systems that are likely to cause the aforementioned damage.
- Try to access and, where appropriate, use the email accounts of other users and modify or manipulate their message. It is expressly forbidden to publish content in our web pages that violates the principles listed below. The owner of the domain reserves the right to proceed in law against those responsible for any such publication that violates:
- The safeguarding of public order, criminal investigation, public security or national defence.
- The protection of public health and that of all other persons with the status of consumers or users.
- Respect for the dignity of individuals and the principle of non-discrimination based on race, sex, opinion, nationality, disability or any other personal or social circumstance.
- The protection of young persons and children.
- Respect for the autonomy of the will of those affected.
- Respect for the intellectual property of published material.
- In general, respect for current legislation.
MACBA reserves the right to withdraw all comments and contributions that violate respect for the dignity of the individual, that are discriminatory, xenophobic, racist, pornographic, or that are detrimental to young persons and/or children, order and public safety, or which, in its opinion, are not suitable for publication.
In any case, the owner of the domain will not be responsible for the opinions expressed by users through forums, chatrooms or other participation tools that are incorporated in this website.
3. lntellectual and industrial property
MACBA owns all intellectual and industrial property rights of its web pages, as well as all its content, such that all reproduction, distribution and total or partial public communication of its content is strictly prohibited without express authorisation of the owner.
The owner of the domain will not be responsible for any damage that may arise from interference or telephone breakdowns, disconnections in the electronic system, presence of computer viruses, malicious programs or any other factor beyond its control.
Neither is it responsible for the contents or systems of third parties connected to its domain.
5.1 Information rights
Under the provisions of article 11 of the Organic Law 3/2018 on Data Protection (hereinafter LOPD) and article 13 of the European Data Protection Regulation, we inform you that:
MACBA, with address in Barcelona, Plaça dels Àngels no.1, is responsible for the processing of personal data.
The Data Protection Delegate of the entity is: CIPDI Tratamiento de la Información SL
The data provided to us using the forms found on the web and sent to our email address will be used to manage the provision of the services requested, to manage the request submitted to us and to manage the shipment of information about our activities through email or postal addresses.
The recipients of the information are the centre’s staff and the people and entities that collaborate in compliance with the obligations. Where there is a legal obligation, data may also be transferred to the public administration, within the remit of its powers.
It is necessary that we are provided with all the information requested from the user and that such responses truthfully reflect the user’s current situation.
If such information is not provided, we will not be able to serve the user correctly.
MACBA does not elaborate profiles according to article 22 and 4 of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
The data provided will be preserved while the liability remains enforceable.
Users are entitled to exercise the rights of access to their personal data, its rectification or suppression, the limitation of its treatment, to oppose the proposed treatment, to expressly consent to the portability of such information and challenge any decision based solely on automated processing. To exercise these rights, and for any clarification, contact us via the postal address, the electronic address (7) or telephone (6) shown in this document.
The competent body to arbitrate any conflicts arising from the signature of this document is the Data Protection Authority located in Madrid (28001), c / Jorge Juan no. 6.
5.2 User consent
It will be understood that the user accepts the established conditions on pressing the 'ACCEPT' button that is found in all the data collection forms or sending an email to the contact addresses that appear on the web.
The personal data collected from our users is stored in the database detailed above, which guarantees the appropriate technical and structural measures to protect the integrity and security of personal information provided, that it has a security document and has established all the technical means at its disposal to avoid the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorised access and theft of the data provided to us, whilst, without prejudice, informing you that security measures on the Internet are not impregnable.
The processing of personal data is in accordance with the regulations established in the GDPR.
5.4 Use of IP addresses and cookies and collection of statistical data
MACBA informs you that the navigation of a user through this website leaves a record of the IP address assigned by the user’s Internet Service Provider. This address is used only for internal purposes, such as the access statistics to the Portal.
Cookies are used on this website. Those cookies used associate only with the browser of a specific computer (an anonymous user), and in themselves do not provide any personal data on the user. This website uses the following types of cookies:
These allow us to quantify the number of users and thus enable measurement and statistical analysis of the use and activity of our website, as well as to elaborate user browsing profiles on these pages and in our applications, the sole aim of which is to introduce improvements.
These allow the user to navigate through the website and use the different options or services that exist within it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing areas of restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order, performing the purchase processes of an order, making a request for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation or storage, disseminating and/or sharing content.
Specifically, the following cookies are used, and the information provided can be maintained for a maximum of 38 months:
- PHPSESSID: this cookie contains a reference to a session stored on the web server. No information is stored in the user's browser and this cookie can only be used by the current web site.
Third party cookies:
- _ga y _gid: These are used to distinguish users.
- _gat_UA-3407172-3: Used to limit the percentage of requests.
- __utma: Used to distinguish users and sessions.
- __utmz: Stores the traffic source or the campaign that indicates how the user has arrived on the web.
- _gac_UA-3407172-3: Stores campaign information in order to provide Google Adwords with a reliable way to measure interactions.
- 1P_JAR: It is used to track conversion rates.
- SID, SAPISID, APISID, SSID, HSID, NID, SIDCC and CONSENT: These record how the user has arrived on the web: direct traffic, reference, advertising campaign or organic search.
The user has the possibility of configuring his/her browser to be warned onscreen of the reception of cookies and to avoid their installation on the user’s hard drive. All browsers allow settings in order to disable the configuration of cookies. These settings are located in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser. Below are links to each browser that provide instructions for disabling cookies:
However, we inform you of the possibility that the deactivation of cookies may impede or hinder navigation and/or the provision of the services offered on this website.
To facilitate the search for resources that we believe are of interest to users, this website includes links to other pages.
6. Modifications of the present conditions and validity
MACBA can modify the present conditions at any time, without prior notice, publishing its modifications as they appear here. Once modified, these conditions will no longer be valid and will be replaced by their modification.
7. Applicable legislation and jurisdiction
The relationship between MACBA and the user will be governed by current Spanish law and any dispute will be submitted to the Courts and Tribunals of the city of Barcelona.