“Apadrina el teu Equipament” (“Sponsor Your Facility”) promotes collective work between the major cultural facilities and educational centres of the Raval neighbourhood, developing long-term projects integrated into the academic curriculum. In this way, the territory’s cultural potential and the various forms of expression it offers (musical, artistic, theatrical, heritage, etc.) can be exploited, with the aim of creating educational proposals adapted to the reality of the students.
Each project or sponsorship is unique; it is the result of collective work between professionals in the educational services of the cultural facilities and teachers. It focuses on responding to the needs of the particular educational stage, the content of the subject, the skills to be worked on, and also the characteristics of the students. The diversity of the students is taken into account, as well as a willingness to make the cultural centres more approachable for families.
This process culminates in an end-of-course activity to present the sponsorships developed during the school year.
- Long duration projects (a school year, with the option for continuity) linked to a cycle, group or class.
- The initiatives will be included in the academic curriculum.
- The main cultural institutions make their educational resources available to schools.
- The schools are committed to carrying out joint work with the educational departments of the main cultural institutions of the district.
- Administrations: Barcelona City Council, District of Ciutat Vella, Foment de Ciutat and Consorci d’Educació de Barcelona.
- Major cultural facilities: Arts Santa Mònica, Joan Brossa Foundation, CCCB, Gran Teatre del Liceu, Maritime Museum of Barcelona, Filmoteca de Catalunya, Memorial Democràtic, Palau Güell, MACBA, CSIC-IMF, La Capella and Centre de Documentació Joaquima Alemany i Roca (Institut Català de les Dones).
- Educational centres: EBM Cadí, EBM Canigó, EBM Mont Tàber, EBM Aurora, Escola Castella, Escola Collaso i Gil, Escola Milà i Fontanals, Escola Drassanes, Escola Labouré, Escola Mossén Jacint Verdaguer, Escola Vedruna-Àngels, Escola Cintra, Institut Consell de Cent, Institut Milà i Fontanals and Institut Miquel Tarradell.
- Coordination: Fundació Tot Raval in the context of Raval Cultural and with the collaboration of the Servicios Educativos de Ciutat Vella.