SATURDAY 25 OCTOBER, AT 7 pm
- Antoine Beuger Vater Unser. Our Father in Heaven (2011), 5 min. Spanish premiere
- James Weeks. The World in Tune (2013), 8 min. Spanish premiere
- Sidney Corbett Gebet. Prayer (1999), 5 min. Spanish premiere
- Dante Boon. And/or (2013), 8 min. Estrena nacional
- Nikolaus Brass. 5 Benediktionen (2010), 14 min. Spanish premiere
- Eva-Maria Houben. a-men (2012), 7 min. Spanish premiere
Irene Kurka studied voice at the Musikhochschule in Munich with Reri Grist, at the Meadows School of the Arts (SMU, Dallas) with Barbara Hill-Moore and at the University of British Columbia (Vancouver, Canada) with Nancy Hermiston.
A versatile soprano, she has received numerous awards and scholarships, and has given recitals and participated in operas and oratorios around Europe and the United States. Irene Kurka is highly sought-after by leading contemporary music composers: Eggert, Corbett, Weeks, Muntendorf, Frey, Kampe, Seither, Brass, Beuger and Pisaro are some of the names who have created works specifically for her to record or perform live. She has premiered over 130 works. Since 2009 she has almost exclusively focused on the repertoire for unaccompanied voice. She works with the instrumental groups e-mex, notabu, musikFabrik, Klangkonzepte, Schlagquartett Köln, chronophonie, Kölner Vokalsolisten, La Tenerezza, socell 21 and SOPRAKKORDEON.
Produced by the L’Auditori Sampler Series as part of the hcmf// project in Barcelona.