Espai Ple [ratlles], 1971
During a long and eclectic career, between 1970 and 1973 Robert Llimós produced a series of minimalist graphic and geometric explorations that took the form of rhythmically repeated calligraphic strokes, superimposed lines, and repeated circles and lines, filling drawings, tarpaulins and large canvases. In these works Llimós creates a relationship of tense lines on the support until they occupy the entire surface, becoming the sole protagonists. Freed from the restrictions of representation, the work is constructed as a pure exercise in rhythmic structuring, which is not only graphic but gestural.
- Original title:
- Espai Ple [ratlles]
- Registration number:
- Llimós, Robert
- Date created:
- Date acquired:
- MACBA Collection. Government of Catalonia long-term loan
- Object type:
- Acrylic on canvas
- Lona: 203.9 x 197.6 cm; barra metàl·lica: 260.2 cm de llargada (height x width)
- MACBA Collection. Government of Catalonia long-term loan. National Collection of Contemporary Art
- © Robert Llimós, VEGAP, Barcelona
- It has accessibility resources:
The MACBA Collection features Catalan, Spanish and international art and, although it includes works from the 1920s onwards, its primary focus is on the period between the 1960s and the present.
For more information on the work or the artist, please consult MACBA's Library. To request a loan of the work, please write to colleccio [at] macba.cat.
If you need a high resolution image of the work, you must submit an image loan request.