Davant / Darrere - Posició normal/ Posició anormal, 1972/1992
Nature as concept and physical reality is already present in Francesc Abad’s first actions in the early 1970s. In this period, after his stage in New York, he decided to abandon painting to position himself on another creative level. A highlight from this period was the series that refers to the four elements, done in 1972 and made known the following year in the context of the project Documentos, which features projects by Francesc Abad, Jordi Benito, Alberto Corazón, Nacho Criado, José Miguel Gómez, Antoni Muntadas and Francesc Torres. Including the basic elements of nature (earth, water, fire and air) along with one’s own body, as well as emphasising change and the notion of the ephemeral, this was a way to take art back to ground zero, as Abad set off on a path that has brought him up to the present.
- Original title:
- Davant / Darrere - Posició normal/ Posició anormal
- Registration number:
- Abad, Francesc
- Date created:
- MACBA Collection. Barcelona City Council long-term. Gift of Rafael Tous (in process of being incorporated)
- Object type:
- Inkjet print on paper mounted on aluminium with methacrylathe protection
- 4 fotografies de: 100 x 78 cm c/u (height x width)
- Edition number:
- Ed. 1/2
- MACBA Collection. Long-term loan of Barcelona City Council. Gift of Rafael Tous
- © Francesc Abad, VEGAP, Barcelona
- It has accessibility resources:
The MACBA Collection features Catalan, Spanish and international art and, although it includes works from the 1920s onwards, its primary focus is on the period between the 1960s and the present.
For more information on the work or the artist, please consult MACBA's Library. To request a loan of the work, please write to colleccio [at] macba.cat.
If you need a high resolution image of the work, you must submit an image loan request.